Now that we’ve reached the middle of the year, it’s a good time to take a step back and assess how we are progressing. Usually, when we do this type of assessment, we look at progress against our business plan, project timelines or other priorities we’ve identified. I suggest we all take a look at […]
About James Harvey
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud James Harvey contributed a whooping 15 entries.
I was having a conversation with a CEO earlier this week. The business is very successful and healthy. But like most CEO’s, he is concerned with growth and what’s next for his company. During our conversation, we talked about taking a step back, what I sometimes call taking in the view from the balcony. This view allows […]
You’re standing at the precipice of a career-level decision. But all the options seem to have relatively equal merit – or equally poor merit. Perhaps the consequences seem a bit murky. What do you do? How do you choose? If you’ve developed an advisory board, you reach out to them for counsel. After you gain some perspective, you’re better prepared to […]
I had the opportunity to share my insights on the behaviors of leaders who embrace change as part of Harvard Business Review series Competing in the Future. In today’s VUCA environment, leaders can no longer manage change, they need to enable it. In the article, I discuss how “Successful change-agile leaders at all levels in the organization respond to […]
Virtually everyone has a bad manager story. But what about truly toxic bosses? According to a study by the Employment Law Alliance, nearly 50% of all employees have had a toxic boss at some point in their career. I know I have. Should you run away from him as fast as you can? It depends (see below). Skillful management of the situation can […]
NextBridge partners with you to create and execute pragmatic, sustainable business solutions focused on building your organization and culture, developing talent and navigating change.
- 4 Must-Do Items on Every Leader’s January ChecklistJanuary 9, 2023 - 4:53 pm
- Does Your Business Discourage Dissent?September 22, 2022 - 2:19 pm
- Who’s Going Back to the Office? Who *Should* Be Going Back?July 12, 2022 - 7:22 pm
- 5 Minutes. 5 Days. (Re)gaining Joy at WorkMay 24, 2022 - 6:45 pm
- Worried About Accountability During the “Great Resignation?”April 7, 2022 - 5:42 pm
- Global Company Grows Rapidly, Responds with New Career Development StrategiesJanuary 9, 2017 - 7:18 pm
- Financial Services Firm Responds to Market Pressures with Quick, Seamless ChangeJanuary 9, 2017 - 7:03 pm
- Renowned Business School Bolsters for Strategic Growth, Redefines Key FunctionJanuary 9, 2017 - 6:56 pm
- Life Sciences Company Shifts Strategy, Transforms Organization and Talent ApproachJanuary 8, 2016 - 7:06 pm