Resilience: The ability to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness Resilience is key to the short and long-term success of our careers. Over the course of time, we are thrown curveballs that require us to bounce back and show our toughness. Here are 4 ideas for building resilience for yourself and your team: Frame the Situation. When a situation turns […]
About James Harvey
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud James Harvey contributed a whooping 18 entries.
I came across a great quote yesterday: “ When you commit, when you really put yourself forward and push through that fear, even though you can’t see through to the other side because it seems so overwhelming, things start to open up for you.” — Matt Pohlson, co-founder of Omaze It’s part of a short video on Inc.com about dealing […]
I’ve been working with some senior leaders recently on using powerful tools like storytelling to engage others in strategy. Just last week, I also saw a headline that Marvel’s most recent movie – Ant Man and the Wasp – opened in 1st place this past weekend. It was their 20th straight #1 opening. Marvel is telling some great […]
Now that we’ve reached the middle of the year, it’s a good time to take a step back and assess how we are progressing. Usually, when we do this type of assessment, we look at progress against our business plan, project timelines or other priorities we’ve identified. I suggest we all take a look at […]
I was having a conversation with a CEO earlier this week. The business is very successful and healthy. But like most CEO’s, he is concerned with growth and what’s next for his company. During our conversation, we talked about taking a step back, what I sometimes call taking in the view from the balcony. This view allows […]
You’re standing at the precipice of a career-level decision. But all the options seem to have relatively equal merit – or equally poor merit. Perhaps the consequences seem a bit murky. What do you do? How do you choose? If you’ve developed an advisory board, you reach out to them for counsel. After you gain some perspective, you’re better prepared to […]
I had the opportunity to share my insights on the behaviors of leaders who embrace change as part of Harvard Business Review series Competing in the Future. In today’s VUCA environment, leaders can no longer manage change, they need to enable it. In the article, I discuss how “Successful change-agile leaders at all levels in the organization respond to […]
Virtually everyone has a bad manager story. But what about truly toxic bosses? According to a study by the Employment Law Alliance, nearly 50% of all employees have had a toxic boss at some point in their career. I know I have. Should you run away from him as fast as you can? It depends (see below). Skillful management of the situation can […]
NextBridge partners with you to create and execute pragmatic, sustainable business solutions focused on building your organization and culture, developing talent and navigating change.
- 5 Keys to Making Better Leadership DecisionsAugust 15, 2023 - 5:26 pm
- How Organizational Capital Boosts Financial PerformanceApril 5, 2023 - 6:07 pm
- The Case for NOT Being So BusyMarch 16, 2023 - 8:14 pm
- 4 Must-Do Items on Every Leader’s January ChecklistJanuary 9, 2023 - 4:53 pm
- Does Your Business Discourage Dissent?September 22, 2022 - 2:19 pm
- Global Company Grows Rapidly, Responds with New Career Development StrategiesJanuary 9, 2017 - 7:18 pm
- Financial Services Firm Responds to Market Pressures with Quick, Seamless ChangeJanuary 9, 2017 - 7:03 pm
- Renowned Business School Bolsters for Strategic Growth, Redefines Key FunctionJanuary 9, 2017 - 6:56 pm
- Life Sciences Company Shifts Strategy, Transforms Organization and Talent ApproachJanuary 8, 2016 - 7:06 pm