A few weeks ago, I wrote about the edge having a growth mindset gives. Research shows it is a better predictor of success than IQ. A growth mindset embraces challenges, persists in the face of setbacks, believes effort will lead to a level of mastery, and learns from criticism. The problem is, on those days when we need it the most, when we are facing challenges and setbacks and nothing seems to be going right, is when it can be the most difficult to engage with a growth mindset. After all, in the short run, it’s sometimes easier to just throw up your hands, take the easy route or just walk away.
http://nextbridgeconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-2-new_lngc2.png 0 0 nextbridgeconsulting http://nextbridgeconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-2-new_lngc2.png nextbridgeconsulting2016-07-20 08:00:082016-12-25 04:52:10Your Growth Mindset
What question is is how do you feel about that choice tomorrow. Quite possibly you tell yourself that you could have stuck with it a little longer. You may realize that at least some of the criticism may have been justified. Or, you may decide that the route for growth really was to walk away. Sometimes the setbacks you’re facing are the very things that are telling you to move on and grow in a different way. The way to face of the setbacks is to make a left turn and go around it rather than trying to bulldoze through it. Many people will tell you it’s that growth, the growth that happens when we take a totally different view of the setback and how we can move towards mastery, that creates some of the greatest breakthroughs in your life and your work.
NextBridge partners with you to create and execute pragmatic, sustainable business solutions focused on building your organization and culture, developing talent and navigating change.
- Tough Questions to Ask About Your CultureDecember 1, 2017 - 8:00 am
- 5 Ways We Do Strategy DifferentlyNovember 8, 2017 - 8:00 am
- 5 Tips To Stay FocusedOctober 25, 2017 - 8:00 am
- “What’s Next?” A Powerful Change Leadership ToolOctober 18, 2017 - 8:00 am
- We’re please to share Edith’s recently published article on Forbes!October 11, 2017 - 8:00 am
- Global Company Grows Rapidly, Responds with New Career Development StrategiesJanuary 9, 2017 - 7:18 pm
- Financial Services Firm Responds to Market Pressures with Quick, Seamless ChangeJanuary 9, 2017 - 7:03 pm
- Renowned Business School Bolsters for Strategic Growth, Redefines Key FunctionJanuary 9, 2017 - 6:56 pm
- Life Sciences Company Shifts Strategy, Transforms Organization and Talent ApproachJanuary 8, 2016 - 7:06 pm